Thursday, February 24, 2011

The new normal

My new normal is taking it one day at a time. It is amazing to me how much people talk about kids. I find myself doing the same thing. The posts that I make in Facebook are often photos or comments about my kids. I receive an email every week on how my kids are developing and what milestone the may be achieving this week. They are the center of my world.

The hard part for me is when I mention one child, there is always that question that I still have trouble answering. "How many kids do you have" Hmmm....well I think to myself and try to find the right answer, the one that they want to hear. I have given birth to 3 beautiful children. But if I say "3" then the question that always follows is "how old are they". Well that is another tough one. Chase is 4 and a great little boy. Hope is 7 months old today and Jordan would be 20 months old but we lost her to SIDS when she was just 9 weeks old. And then the mood immediately changes and the person who asked feels bad for asking. I hate to make people feel bad for asking, but I do not want to tell a lie either. I love my baby girl every day and miss her dearly.

I wonder how many people are out there in the world trying to get pregnant and are having trouble. I am sure that they are bombarded with questions about why they don't have kids yet. When in fact that is the one most important thing in this world that they want and it is hard to say "I can't have kids" .

Hug your kids if you have them, hug and pray for someone who does not and please make sure to remind new mothers to place their babies on their backs to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment